sábado, 28 de maio de 2011

Silver is not an option

Fonte: Delta Lloyd Regatta

He races in the Laser and she is going strong in the Laser Radial. Brother and sister are ranking the top 3 at the Delta Lloyd Regatta. ”And this is just the beginning”, says Marit Bouwmeester. ”Olympics 2012 are coming and I have to train a lot.” With her coach she focuses on next year. ”From this Regatta I get a lot of energy and that’s what I needed. I’m excited for London.”

Her older brother, Roelof Bouwmeester, is also getting ready for next year. ”You always have to give it all and you only can be satisfied when you got gold.” They share an appartement at the Delta Lloyd Regatta. This is the place to relax and talk about the races that day. Their boats are not the same, but technically they have a lot in common. That’s why they exchange tips. ”My sister can always lean on my shoulder”, says Roelof.

The last time Marit needed a listening ear was Wednesday, when she didn’t race that well. ”I don’t know what I told her, but it worked. Actually, it always does.” Marit laughs when she hears her brother’s answer. ”He tells me I’m one of the best and I must never give up. He knows how the sailing life works and besides that, he is my big brother so he knows me very well. Wednesday wasn’t my best day, but I always find a way to put myself back together.”

You can notice they are family, their thoughts about winning are similar. Roelof: ”We are very competitive, silver is not an option. We train for gold.” In the next video an interview with both.

Photo: Thom Touw

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário